Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Gear Box

Copy/Paste from my original post on LAKE......

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:06pm

It was such a nice day I decided to work on the yak.

Spent Saturday painting and assembling this rod holder/box for behind the seat. The box is just a plastic delivery tote from a pharmacy. I have been using it for various things for about 25 years now. First I primed and painted it to better match the yak. It was originally red. I do not expect it to look good for very long.






    Once the paint dried I attached the rod holders. The cross support spacing put the top piece on the ledge of the box, which sits out further, so I had to angle it. I could have drilled holes in the holders and moved the cross piece down, but I did not want to mess up the new holders. Eventually they will probably be moved to a milk crate.



    Once that was on, I saw someone on the internet used a paddle holder to secure their box to the cross bar of the Predator, so I figured I would give it a try. It holds it on very well. With that and the end of the existing bungee it wont go anywhere. I like the idea of a lid on the box, but I can see where it may get in the way of a rod holder in the future.


Finished and in the yack!





 Now That's Smack ... Yak Smack!







No comments:

Post a Comment