Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Before the Yak

    Although I had owned a few canoes throughout my life, I will start with the latest canoe. This one precedes the kayak I now own.

    It all started with an invite to Bear Island for some fishing with some good friends. I am not one to feel like I have to rely on others, so I started hunting for a canoe of my own for the trip. I found a candidate on Craigslist and became the new caretaker of this beast....

An Old Town Discovery 174.



At 17 foot 4 inches, this thing is a beast! 





I wont go into a bunch of detail so this post doesnt get out of hand. Basically I polished the outside and replaced the wood and seats.










Then I added so fishing conveniences..




A fishing beast... better suited for two people!

No comments:

Post a Comment