Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Anchor Trolley

Copy/Paste from LAKE...

Feb 16, 2014

I had to think long and hard on this, not wanting to put holes in the yak!

I used the YakGear Trolley

Once I made the first one, the rest were easy. I wanted the rope to run along the edge on the Predator so I could not go as far forward as I would have liked to on the bow pulley. I think it will work fine none the less. The only problem I ran into ... I was not thinking and used two of the well nuts for the cleat which left me two short for the pulleys. I did not realize until it was too late that the pulleys require two. No worries though I will pick up or order a couple before I put a bunch of stress on the line.

I also did not use the hog rings provided with the kit. I decided to go with knots on carabiners so I would have some flexibility to change things up or use the line to tether the yak if needed.







I like the triangle here ... I only wish it where metal. I like that it is light weight and probably quieter, but I fear it will break. We will see.




No comments:

Post a Comment