Thursday, July 23, 2015

Drag Chain & Throw bag

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:00pm



This is not really rigging the kayak per say but it is for kayaking so I figured I would add it to my ever growing thread.

First I made a drag chain anchor for a river trip.

So I basically just bought a 2 foot section of heavy chain and an inner tube. I put the chain in the tube, connected a dog leash to one end and zip tied it shut. The leash is a little short but may be fine for shallow rivers. I can always change it out  if need be ....







Today I remembered a little bag I had form my tree climbing days ... so I hunted it down to make a throw bag. This little Weaver bag is a perfect size, has a ring in the bottom and a draw string top. I attached a Scotty clip to the outer ring so it can be clipped on my belt loop or on the yak somewhere to keep it from getting lost overboard. I had 50 foot of orange reflective rope that I was carrying around anyway so I just clipped that in the bag and fed the rest in.

I tried it out in the yard and the whole length easily came out. I could probably make it 100 foot if  I wanted and that would probably feed out as well.







If nothing else these little projects gave me something to do!


Now That's Smack ... Yak Smack!







No comments:

Post a Comment