Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Helix 7 Install

   My Helix 7 showed up today so I started the install. Over all it was not too bad. First I removed the windshield and mounted the gimbal bracket that holds the main unit. Then I drilled the one inch hole to run the wires through. The hardest part so far was running the transducer wire from the transom to the console. I decided to run it along the same path as the steering cables etc.  I used a drain snake to run the transducer wire from the back to console. I ran it from back to front then tied on a string and pulled it through Once I had the string through I tied it onto the transducer wire at the transom and pulled it through to the console.






    Tomorrow I will mount the transducer to the transom and it will be done! I should also be receiving the mount for the bow mount Humminbird. That leaves the adapter cable for the transducer in the trolling motor and the trolling motor plug. They should show up any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment