Tuesday, March 8, 2016

G3 Maiden Voyage

    I took the boat out for a solo maiden voyage yesterday (3/8/2016). I went to Lake Sidney Lanier at the Charleston Park Boat Ramp. This ramp is basically right across the water from the Six Mile Ramp. I chose this one because I knew it had an extra lane and a larger parking area. I did not want to hold anyone up if I ran into trouble.

    The boat unloaded nicely. I did not have the nerve to try and use the remote for the trolling motor, to drive it away and anchor it, since I had never even tested it to make sure it worked! I just climbed on and drove it to the dock. Charleston has a really long floating dock open on both sides. Plenty of room to get out of other peoples way if it is busy. Today it was not.

    Once i got it tied to the dock, I went and parked the truck. After parking the truck I pulled a little ways from the dock and messed with the trolling motor a bit to get familiar and to make sure it worked. I set it on anchor and checked out some other things on the boat. I had stopped for a dozen trout for some stripper fishing so I added a bait keeper solution and some more water to the live well. After that it was off to find some fish.

    I set up two floats with live bait and two planer boards with umbrella rigs and trolled around without any luck. I did have one bait taken but the rest I ended up letting go at the ramp :(



It was a bit windy when I tried to load the boat back on the trailer, but I got it on the second try. Over all it was a nice first ride. I think I am going to like it! Maybe next time I will find some fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment