Sunday, May 13, 2018

Kerr Lake Private Tournament

   After the Camp & Paddle, I had just over a week to pack and head up to NC for a private tournament/get together with friends. I stayed from May 2-7 and had a blast.

    The boat did great on the drive up. I was worried about the T-top on the freeway so I strapped it down on all 4 corners to relieve some of the stress from the winds. Everything held up and it was as tight as when I left.

    The boat also did great with gas and battery life over the next few days. I fished almost every day as well as on trip up to the Dam on the VA end and the trolling motor was still going strong the day I took the boat out for the trip back. I used about 3/4 of a tank of gas. Most of that was from the trip to the dam and back as most of my fishing is trolling.

    We caught some Bass, Cats, and Brim for bait but no Stripers this year. Actually, on tournament day we skunked! The tournament was a one-day event this year due to people not being able to make it early enough for  Saturday and Sunday fishing.

This year's winners were...

Steve (Rays Army buddy) - Biggest bass


Dan - Biggest Catfish       Sorry, no pic but here is Dan LOL














Storm rolls in on our last day to fish so we headed back to shore....





Steve catching a Cat on his ultralight while trying to catch Brim for bait....



It was great seeing everyone again and  I can not wait until next year to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment