Tuesday, September 12, 2017

G3 Odds & Ends

    So I added LEDs and a rod holder to the G3. I put a three-rod holder on the front deck face so that guest would have options for their rods. As it is now, my trolling rigs take up the T-Top holders and my casting rods usually use up the side holders. This left only the ledge on the side for laying their rods. This would put them at risk of being broken or sliding out the back!


    I put one on the YETI as well!



I also added two 16.5 strips of green LED lights under the gunwale on each side for night fishing. They were actually about a foot too long so I cut them and can reuse the two sections elsewhere. One will probably go under the console or I will light up the storage bins at the front.
 
    There were openings at each front corner to route the wires in and I used a tape to fish them over to the hole for the trolling motor plug. from there I ran a positive and negative through a conduit to the starboard storage bin. If you unscrew the bin and lift it out, you have access to the original interior light mounted to the front panel there. I unhooked that light and plugged the LED leads into that harness. This allowed me to use the interior light switch on the console to power the lights.


Here are links to the new toys....

3 Rod Holder

YETI Holster

LEDs

No comments:

Post a Comment