Friday, January 3, 2020

Got Wood?

    I got the new wood interior installed in Lil' Salty today. Overall it is not a hard job. Once you get the holes spaced out and drilled, the rest goes pretty smooth.
    Normally everything would sit about a foot forward from where I put it but since this is a tiller steer boat I moved it all back.

Here is the before picture. There were two thick, warped boards just laying in the boat. I would have to put them in the truck when towing to prevent them from flying out. I'm not sure they would but better safe than sorry!


Here is everything all mocked up before I started drilling any holes.


Here is the completed project. I have not mounted the fish finder yet. I just have the cover for effect.


Close up of the console...


    The console would normally hold the steering wheel. I wanted the console so I could mount my fish finder and maybe a phone holder. The wood looks so good I am going to hate to drill into it!



Now I have an urge to take it to the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment