Saturday, November 19, 2016

Bear Island NC October 2016

    Another great time paddling over to Bear Island for a few days of fishing. This year there were only 4 of us. Steve, Kevin, Dan and myself. We stayed a little longer than the previous years and took a lot less stuff.


    Pre trip, I made a bunch of Redfish leaders to make sure everyone was covered. Then I packed up my gear.




    The pack contained all of my clothes, toiletries, tent and air mattress. I packed my mess kit, Jet Boil and food packs into a separate water tight bag.

    Here is how I hauled my kayak and Steve's canoe. It was not pretty but it survived the journey!



    We still had to pile a bunch of stuff in Steve's canoe, but we did not have to pull another canoe along as a mule.




    Got the Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 mntGLO all set up. It was a breeze to set up and was very comfortable for the entire stay.



     The LEDs embedded in the seams of the tent were very handy at night.








     I think everyone caught some fish this year but Kevin did the best. He caught several reds and some flounder.





    Steve enjoying the beach





    Flounder bed....
















    I did not take any video this year and limited my picture taking. I think next year I may scale back my electronics even more. Less is best!

No comments:

Post a Comment