Saturday, May 14, 2016

Finishing up the Kayak Trailer (Part 3)

    Friday I wired the trailer up with a longer set to accommodate the long tongue.  I ran it up through the inside of the tongue. When I want to use the shorter one I will pull it out and run it through the short tongue.

 

    After some research, I decided to go with a set of Malone SeaWings to hold the kayak to the trailer. They came in yesterday evening so I installed those this morning to finish off the locking kayak trailer.










    I still want to change out the plastic upright guides to metal ones and also add a couple side access doors to the front of the box so I can get to stuff with the kayak on top. Eventually, I may add a rack up front to hold a cooler.



PART ONE Building the top and lid.

PART TWO Extending the tongue.

PART FOUR Additional Support


    Each page has a link to the other parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment