Thursday, September 10, 2015

Retiring the Predator

    I went on a river trip up in Western Maryland (USA) last weekend and I wanted to post up some video of that trip but my old PC won't handle the footage from my GoPro very well. So I decided to wait until my new computer arrives before putting something together. I should have something around the first of October.

    Here are a couple pics to hold you over...





    The day after I returned home I got the bot in the driveway to clean it and my trailer off. I got a lot of mud on the trailer from the trip to the put in. And the boat had normal fishing grime on it from a weekend of river fishing.

    As I was preparing the boat for cleaning, I spotted a crack in the deck. After closer inspection I spotted another on the other side in the same spot.

    The early model predator 13 had some issues with this. I did not know if mine would develop it or not. I figured if it did it would take a while since I am not a heavy user of the boat. I may have 8 - 12 trips on it, give or take. But there it was, so time to contact Old Town.

    The Predator carries a lifetime hull warranty for factory defects and Old Town has outstanding customer service and they stand behind their product. I knew I would have no issues with the claim.

    They do require detailed photos as well as your serial number to verify the claim. Once approved they require you to cut out a 10 x 10 section to include the serial number. Once you have that you mail it to them and they send you a replacement.

CAUTION: Please confirm with Old Town that your covered before cutting your boat!

 Here is a video of the process....




    I sent off the package via UPS this morning so they should have it in a few days! I have two trips mid October, so I hope to have it resolved by then. As it is I will have to rush to get the new boat rigged up.

    Check back for the river trip post, it was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment